- Financing: European Institute for Gender Equality (EIGE)
- Duration: 2020-2021
The European Institute for Gender Equality (EIGE) has recently awarded a contract to AEIDL to raise awareness and build capacity of institutions and public buyers on how to use public procurement while promoting gender equality.
Promoting gender equality is one of the objectives of the EU: it ranges from fostering equal economic independence for women and men, closing the gender pay gap, advancing gender balance in decision making, ending gender-based violence and promoting gender equality beyond the EU.
The Gender-Responsive Public Procurement (GRPP) project awarded to AEIDL will last one year and have the following tasks:
- Map, identify, select and develop good practice cases of GRPP in the EU;
- Detect obstacles in strengthening gender mainstreaming in public procurement processes, and develop recommendations to overcome those obstacles;
- Develop a practical toolkit to raise public buyers’ capacity to implement GRPP step by step;
- Test the toolkit in the frame of a 1-day competence development meeting with a sample of EIGE’s staff, EU and national public buyers and relevant stakeholders;
- Develop some communication products to present the findings of the project to a broad audience.