(21 May 2021) – The certificate (previously called the Digital Green Certificate) should be ready end of June, as planned.
Following the agreement reached by the European Parliament and the Council, the EU Digital COVID Certificate:
• will cover vaccination, test and recovery;
• will be available in a digital and paper-based format, depending on the choice of the recipients, and contain a digitally signed QR code;
• will be free of charge, be obtained easily and also available to persons vaccinated before the EU Digital COVID Certificate Regulation has entered into force;
• may also be used by Member States for national purposes, if this is provided for in national law.
• Member States shall refrain from imposing additional travel restrictions on the holders of an EU Digital COVID Certificate, unless they are necessary and proportionate to safeguard public health.
• The Commission will also mobilise €100 million to support Member States in providing affordable tests.