AEIDL, the European Association for Innovation in Local Development, is seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated Business Development Manager to lead on the organisation’s business development efforts, ensuring a high win rate and implementing a strategy – co-designed with the policy team and the senior leadership team – towards a stronger and more diversified portfolio of funded projects and service contracts.
Role and responsibilities:
The successful candidate will act as the business development lead, working directly with the Managing Director, spearheading a dynamic and participatory approach to business development. Among the tasks, she or he will:
- Identify and analyse new business opportunities.
- Co-develop AEIDL’s business development strategy with the policy team and senior leadership team.
- Lead on bids and proposals.
- Coordinate the overall business development effort, liaising with other bid coordinators to ensure robust planning and resource allocation.
- Help develop and enforce good business development practices.
- Offer business development training to team members based on needs.
- Monitor business development and project performance and lead on internal evaluation sessions.
- In addition, take on project management work (for 30-40% of the time).
Qualifications and experience :
- Proven business development experience at managerial level in a similar organisation
- Minimum 2, preferably 5 years in a similar role
- In-depth knowledge of at least EU tenders or EU grants
- Experience in coordination of technical and financial proposals
- Ability to manage tasks and projects with international and multicultural teams
- Ability to build partnerships, including negotiation skills
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
- University Degree in Social Sciences, Economics, Environmental Sciences, Law or equivalent disciplines
- Knowledge of local development approaches and programmes
- Expertise in the fields of territorial, social, and environmental development
- Knowledge of EU policies and initiatives in these fields
- Experience in communication, dissemination, and stakeholder engagement
- Good ability in French
- Experience at organising events and campaigns
- Understanding of social issues
- Postgraduate degree in related area
Working at AEIDL
People are the most important asset of AEIDL, and we practice internally what we advocate externally – providing a working environment where we care for our staff in a culture of cooperation and collaboration.
At AEIDL we seek to provide a healthy work-life balance, with a strong emphasis on cooperative teamwork. We have a human-centred approach to work, including flexible working hours, options for home working and regular social gatherings.
We empower our staff to lead, decide and show initiative, embracing our “culture of co”. Our culture of cooperation, co-creation, community-leadership, and caring for the common good is an inherent part of the AEIDL brand.
At AEIDL you will benefit from our staff development programme, in which our team members contribute to designing and planning cooperative approaches to learning, mentoring and individual development. We value the development and sharing of skills, knowledge, and experience.
We welcome ideas for our working and associative activities. Such staff-led initiatives include team building days, outreach activities, the European Local Innovation Forum, and our eco-team, which ensures we practice what we preach.
We offer competitive remuneration packages, indexed on an annual basis, including a 13th month, “double-pécule vacances” (holiday bonus), and contributions to local transportation, alongside meal vouchers.
We offer our staff 20 days of annual leave, 12 days of recoup time off (“repos compensatoire”), 10 Belgian bank holidays as well as Schuman day, equivalent to 43 days annual paid leave in a standard year, in accordance with Belgian law.
Send your CV in English in the Europass format with a short cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line Business Development Manager by 3rd July 2023. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and that interviews may begin before the closing date. Early applications are encouraged.
Who we are:
AEIDL was founded in 1988 by like-minded individuals who believed that European integration can make a positive contribution to citizenship and to the sustainable development of communities.
AEIDL’s thematic expertise ranges from environment, sustainable territorial development; employment, migration and citizenship, to enterprise and integration, social policy, social innovation and public service modernisation.
The Association offers a range of professional services, including information management, web and digital communication; events, capacity building, and network animation; publications, social media and video services, as well as technical assistance, evaluation and consultancy services for a broad range of European contracts.
We are based in the heart of Brussels, hosting a diverse, international team of skilled, motivated and dynamic experts, delivering high-quality services to our clients.
The personal data contained in applications sent in response to job offers are collected and recorded by AEIDL’s HR/KM departments in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations concerning the protection of personal data. These data will be processed by authorised persons only to be able to assess your application for potential recruitment and will be kept for the time necessary to achieve this purpose. You may request access to your personal data and, if necessary, have them corrected. You also have the right to have them deleted, transferred, request a limitation of their processing or to object to it.
These various rights can be exercised by contacting the following address: .