AEIDL, the European Association for Innovation on Local Development, is seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated Business Development Officer, seeking to develop knowledge, skills and experience in business development for AEIDL’s social, environmental and local development strands.
He or she will be a recent graduate seeking to develop his or her professional career in the field of business development in a European context.
The role is offered as a paid internship under a “convention d’immersion professionnelle” (CIP, Professional Integration Agreement) contract for 6 months. The role will involve teleworking with the capacity to utilise AEIDL’s office in Brussels.
We offer a stimulating and exciting working environment where you develop key skills and knowledge within a dynamic and supportive team.
Role and responsibilities:
Supporting the BD Coordinator in researching new contracts and assisting at every step of proposal/tender preparation. This may include:
- Assisting with identification of new business opportunities, including scoping of
- existing projects and gathering market intelligence
- Assisting with identification and assessment of consortium partners
- Liaising with partners, experts and external contributors
- Assisting with the assessment of business opportunities using standard tools
- Preparing and collecting administrative documents, including project references, CVs and bios
- Contributing to the technical offers, including through desk research and policy analysis
- Supporting the development of standard tools and building blocks for the preparation of bids and proposals
Qualifications and experience :
- Undergraduate degree in business, social policy, economics, political science, law or associated fields
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent English
- Research experience
- Knowledge of social, economic or environmental policy, analytical skills
- Administrative skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Self-motivation as a team player
- The ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- A keen sense of responsibility
- The ability to take the initiative
- Experience of working in fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of one or more of AEIDL’s main thematic strands: 1) rural and territorial development / 2) green growth, environment and climate action / 3) employment, entrepreneurship and inclusion.
- Postgraduate qualification in one of
- AEIDL’s main thematic strands.
- Proficiency in another EU language welcome.
- Familiarity with European institutions and agencies.
How you will benefit
AEIDL’s CIP programme offers the opportunity to develop:
- key skills and knowledge in a range of fields
- a sense of responsibility while working in a team
- work planning and the capacity to adhere to strict deadlines
- verbal and writing skills in English
- EU financial instruments
- EU procurement cycle and steps for tender or proposal preparation
- Knowledge about planning, quality control and building partnerships
The Internship offers a mentoring scheme, which allows you to put your ideas and skills into practice in an exciting, real-world environment, with supervision by senior colleagues.
Send your CV in English in the Europass format with a short cover letter to with the subject line Business Development Officer by 9 th August 2022. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted after the closing date.
Who we are:
AEIDL was founded in 1988 by like-minded individuals who believed that European
integration can make a positive contribution to citizenship and to the sustainable
development of communities.
AEIDL’s thematic expertise ranges from environment, sustainable territorial development; employment, migration and citizenship, to enterprise and integration, social policy, social innovation and public service modernisation.
The Association offers a range of professional services, including information management, web and digital communication; events, capacity building, and network animation; publications, social media and video services, as well as technical assistance, evaluation and consultancy services for a broad range of European contracts.
We are based in the heart of Brussels, hosting a diverse, international team of skilled, motivated and dynamic experts, delivering high-quality services to our clients.
The personal data contained in applications sent in response to job offers are collected and recorded by AEIDL’s HR/KM departments in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations concerning the protection of personal data. These data will be processed by authorised persons only to be able to assess your application for potential recruitment and will be kept for the time necessary to achieve this purpose. You may request access to your personal data and, if necessary, have them corrected. You also have the right to have them deleted, transferred, request a limitation of their processing or to object to it.
These various rights can be exercised by contacting the following address: .