(16 December 2014) – Today the European Commission adopted its work programme for 2015 – setting out the actions the Commission intends to take over the next 12 months.
The programme adopted today sets out the 23 initiatives the Commission is politically committed to delivering in 2015. This twelve-month ‘to do list’ focuses on the ‘big things’ like jobs, growth and investment, in line with the ten priorities of President Juncker’s Political Guidelines.
The Commission notably committed to deliver in 2015:
- An Investment Plan for Europe (the legislative follow-up to the Plan announced last month).
- A Digital Single Market Package.
- The first steps towards a European Energy Union.
- An Action Plan on efforts to combat tax evasion and tax fraud.
- A European Agenda on Migration.
- Deeper Economic and Monetary Union.