AEIDL, the European Association for Innovation in Local Development, is seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated Communication Officer to undertake tasks to support project across the full range of thematic areas in which AEIDL works. We will consider applications from candidates looking for a full-time posting based in Brussels. The successful applicant will work on communication tasks under the portfolio of EU-funded projects and contracts delivered by AEIDL.
In particular, the selected candidate will devote a substantial part of the time as Communication Officer for the Horizon Europe funded SafeHabitus project.
Role and responsibilities: The Communication Officer will report primarily to the Head of Communication, and will manage and deliver communication assignments, including:
- Elaboration and coordination of communication strategies
- Developing strategies for engagement and promotion
- Website content management
- Social media strategies and posting
- Writing, coordinating and editing newsletters
- Monitoring communications KPIs
- Content creation
- Outreach activities and dissemination
- Organising events and workshops
Qualifications and experience :
- Postgraduate degree in communication of related area
- The ability to co-design, manage, monitor and evaluate promotional communication campaigns
- Experience of stakeholder engagement
- Experience in social media and media planning
- Experience of creating and editing newsletters
- Experience of online and in person events organisation, logistic and support
- Understanding of the needs of a variety of audiences
- Excellent ability in teamwork and working with partners
- Excellent English verbal and written skills
- Creative Cloud skills, including photoshop and InDesign
- Experience using Canva and newsletter platforms
- 1-2 years of experience in working on EU projects
- Good knowledge of another European language
- Experience of video production
- Some knowledge of the EU social agenda
Send your CV in English in the Europass format with a short cover letter to with the subject line Communication Officer by 1st May 2023. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and that interviews may begin before the closing date. Early applications are encouraged.
Who we are:
AEIDL is an association that learns from and fosters community-led innovation in areas such as territorial development, employment, entrepreneurship, social inclusion, environment, climate action and green growth.
We add value by supporting and facilitating peer learning among local and national actors across Europe, analysing and evaluating relevant EU policies and advocating for enhanced support to community local action to help build a Europe for citizens.
The personal data contained in applications sent in response to job offers are collected and recorded by AEIDL’s HR/KM departments in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations concerning the protection of personal data. These data will be processed by authorised persons only to be able to assess your application for potential recruitment and will be kept for the time necessary to achieve this purpose. You may request access to your personal data and, if necessary, have them corrected. You also have the right to have them deleted, transferred, request a limitation of their processing or to object to it.
These various rights can be exercised by contacting the following address: .