AEIDL, the European Association for Innovation in Local Development, is seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated Communication Officer to undertake tasks in the field of Rural and Territorial Development. We will consider applications from candidates looking for a full-time posting based in Brussels. The successful applicant will work on communication tasks under the portfolio of EU-funded projects and contracts delivered by AEIDL. In particular, the selected candidate will devote a substantial part of the time as Communication Officer for the recently awarded service contract with DG AGRI to facilitate the Rural Pact community (see https://rural-vision.europa.eu/rural-pact_en).
Role and responsibilities: The Communication Officer will report primarily to the Rural Pact Team Leader, and will manage and deliver communication assignments, including:
- Website content management
- Social media strategies and posting
- Writing, coordinating and editing newsletters
- Coordinating and contributing to printed and electronic publications (e.g. magazines, policy briefs, etc.)
- Elaboration and coordination of communication strategies
- Writing of good practices
- Monitoring communications KPIs
- Content creation
- Outreach activities and dissemination
- Assisting in events and workshop organisation
Qualifications and experience :
- Relevant higher degree and at least 3 years of professional experience in the field, or at least 5 years of professional experience in communications and project management
- C2 level of English (written and spoken)
- Excellent organisational and coordination skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills with the capacity to summarise and communicate about complex matters in a clear, precise and simple way
- Ability to lead on key operational areas, working on own initiative and as part of a team; demonstrating excellent coordination and organisational skills, including the ability to assimilate large amounts of information
- Experience working across a variety of media including press, audio-visual, websites and publications
- Experience in using digital tools and social media to reach and engage with online audiences, through both organic posting and paid advertising
- Understanding of the digital landscape and relevant technological advances
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Computer literacy – knowledge of Ms Office (Word, Excel)
- Interest in working for the promotion of EU policies for Rural Development
- Masters degree in relevant area
- EU related experience
- Experience in working with both EU and international clients
- Ability to work in other European Union languages
- Experience in business development in public international markets
- Experience in proposal preparation
Send your CV in English in the Europass format with a short cover letter to with the subject line Communication Officer by 13th January 2023. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and that interviews may begin before the closing date. Early applications are encouraged.
Who we are:
AEIDL is an association that learns from and fosters community-led innovation in areas such as territorial development, employment, entrepreneurship, social inclusion, environment, climate action and green growth.
We add value by supporting and facilitating peer learning among local and national actors across Europe, analysing and evaluating relevant EU policies and advocating for enhanced support to community local action to help build a Europe for citizens.
The personal data contained in applications sent in response to job offers are collected and recorded by AEIDL’s HR/KM departments in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations concerning the protection of personal data. These data will be processed by authorised persons only to be able to assess your application for potential recruitment and will be kept for the time necessary to achieve this purpose. You may request access to your personal data and, if necessary, have them corrected. You also have the right to have them deleted, transferred, request a limitation of their processing or to object to it.
These various rights can be exercised by contacting the following address: .