AEIDL, the European Association for Innovation in Local Development, is seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated Communication Officer trainee to undertake tasks on our Rural Pact project for DG Agri.
He or she will be a recent graduate (within three years of graduating) seeking to develop his or her professional career in the field of communication in a European context.
The role is offered as “convention d’immersion professionnelle” (CIP, Professional Integration Agreement)contract for 6 months. This is a paid internship, with remuneration of approximately €1000/month (based on the applicable sectoral agreements) and reimbursement of travel costs. The role based at AEIDL’s office in Brussels with some opportunities for teleworking.
We offer a stimulating and exciting working environment where you develop key skills and knowledge in communication, contributing to and undertaking tasks on key communication activities.
Role and responsibilities:
The Communication Officer trainee will work alongside the main project communication officer, assisting with the delivery of a range of communication tasks including:
- Writing social media posts for Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn
- Creating appealing visuals for social media, the Rural Pact website and newsletter, as well as other project outputs
- Contributing to social media and website performance monitoring
- Uploading content on the Rural Pact website
- Contributing to the layout of project materials, such as event reports and good practices
- Assisting in events and workshop organisation
- Tasks may be expanded depending on the profile and interests of the selected candidate.
Qualifications and experience :
- Excellent level of English (C1 or higher)
- Working knowledge of social media and website management
- Good writing skills
- First experience with graphic design
- Quick learner and team player
- Keen interest in digital communications
- Good eye for and attention to detail
- Degree in communication or related area (social sciences or humanities)
- Working knowledge of French
- Postgraduate degree in Communications or related area
- First experience with organising events and campaigns
- Knowledge and understanding of EU policies
- Experience of Adobe Creative Cloud applications or equivalent
Send your CV in English in the Europass format with a short cover letter to with the subject line Communication Officer Intern by 29th January 2024. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted after the closing date.
How you will benefit
AEIDL’s CIP programme offers the opportunity to develop knowledge, skills and experience in communication. You will develop a sense of responsibility within teams, working against deadlines and key milestones. The role offers the opportunity to put into practice the knowledge acquired in your studies to aid your professional development.
Enhancing your existing skills, you will learn about communication planning and management, quality control, reporting, working in teams, budgeting, and working to deadlines.
The Internship offers a mentoring scheme, which allows you to put your ideas and skills into practice in an exciting, real-world environment, with supervision by senior colleagues.
Who we are
AEIDL was founded in 1988 by like-minded individuals who believed that European integration can make a positive contribution to citizenship and to the sustainable development of communities.
AEIDL’s thematic expertise ranges from environment, sustainable territorial development; employment, migration and citizenship, to enterprise and integration, social policy, social innovation and public service modernisation.
The Association offers a range of professional services, including information management, web and digital communication; events, capacity building, and network animation; publications, social media and video services, as well as technical assistance, evaluation and consultancy services for a broad range of European contracts.
We are based in the heart of Brussels, hosting a diverse, international team of skilled, motivated and dynamic experts, delivering high-quality services to our clients.
The personal data contained in applications sent in response to job offers are collected and recorded by AEIDL’s HR/KM departments in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations concerning the protection of personal data. These data will be processed by authorised persons only to be able to assess your application for potential recruitment and will be kept for the time necessary to achieve this purpose. You may request access to your personal data and, if necessary, have them corrected. You also have the right to have them deleted, transferred, request a limitation of their processing or to object to it.
These various rights can be exercised by contacting the following address: inf