AEIDL, the European Association for Innovation in Local Development, is seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated Communication Officer trainee to undertake tasks on our Rural Pact project for DG Agri.
He or she will be a recent graduate (within three years of graduating) seeking to develop his or her professional career in the field of communication in a European context.
The role is offered as “convention d’immersion professionnelle” (CIP, Professional Integration Agreement) contract for 6 months. This is a paid internship, with remuneration of €950/month and reimbursement of travel costs. The role based at AEIDL’s office in Brussels with some opportunities for teleworking.
We offer a stimulating and exciting working environment where you develop key skills and knowledge in communication, contributing to and undertaking tasks on key communication activities.
Role and responsibilities:
The Communication Officer trainee will work alongside the main project communication officer, assisting with the delivery of a range of communication tasks including:
- Assisting the Communication Officer and Policy Analyst in their communication tasks.
- Social media posts Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Helping with layout and design of news, newsletters, and magazines.
- Assisting writers by collecting information, arranging data, assisting with coordinating interviews and other aspects of research for news.
- Contributing to the design of visual identity.
- Contributing to web sites.
- Outreach activities and dissemination.
- Assisting in events and workshop organisation.
Qualifications and experience:
- Excellent writing skills.
- Excellent English.
- Good working knowledge of social media and social media tools (Canva, SendinBlue, Mailchimp, etc.).
- Good skills in graphic design.
- Degree in communication or related area (social sciences or humanities).
- Experience of Adobe Creative Cloud applications.
- Experience in web design or web site maintenance.
- Working knowledge of French.
- Postgraduate degree in communication or related area.
- Experience at organising events and campaigns.
- Understanding of social issues
Send your CV in English in the Europass format with a short cover letter to with the subject line Communication Officer Intern by 5th June 2023. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted after the closing date.
How you will benefit
AEIDL’s CIP programme offers the opportunity to develop knowledge, skills and experience in communication. You will develop a sense of responsibility within teams, working against deadlines and key milestones. The role offers the opportunity to put into practice the knowledge acquired in your studies to aid your professional development.
Enhancing your existing skills, you will learn about communication planning and management, quality control, reporting, working in teams, budgeting, and working to deadlines.
The Internship offers a mentoring scheme, which allows you to put your ideas and skills into practice in an exciting, real-world environment, with supervision by senior colleagues.
Who we are:
AEIDL was founded in 1988 by like-minded individuals who believed that European integration can make a positive contribution to citizenship and to the sustainable development of communities.
AEIDL’s thematic expertise ranges from environment, sustainable territorial development; employment, migration and citizenship, to enterprise and integration, social policy, social innovation and public service modernisation.
The Association offers a range of professional services, including information management, web and digital communication; events, capacity building, and network animation; publications, social media and video services, as well as technical assistance, evaluation and consultancy services for a broad range of European contracts.
We are based in the heart of Brussels, hosting a diverse, international team of skilled, motivated and dynamic experts, delivering high-quality services to our clients.
The personal data contained in applications sent in response to job offers are collected and recorded by AEIDL’s HR/KM departments in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations concerning the protection of personal data. These data will be processed by authorised persons only to be able to assess your application for potential recruitment and will be kept for the time necessary to achieve this purpose. You may request access to your personal data and, if necessary, have them corrected. You also have the right to have them deleted, transferred, request a limitation of their processing or to object to it.
These various rights can be exercised by contacting the following address: .