(29 January 2020) – Today the European Commission adopted its 2020 Work Programme. Its driving force is “to successfully grasp the opportunities that the twin ecological and digital transitions will bring”.
In 2020, the European Commission will start turning the six headline ambitions of President von der Leyen into concrete initiatives that will then be negotiated and implemented in cooperation with the European Parliament, Member States and other partners:
• A European Green Deal • A Europe fit for the digital age
• An economy that works for people
• A stronger Europe in the world
• Promoting our European way of life
• A new push for European democracy