(28 October 2016) – The Commission’s ‘European Business Awards for the Environment’ rewards the best of these pioneers for their eco-innovative practices and products.
The awards recognise companies in the EU and candidate countries, from all sectors that combine competitiveness with respect for the environment in the following categories: management, product and services, process innovation, business and biodiversity, and international business cooperation.
From micro start-ups through to global brands this year’s winners are:
- Ladybird Farm (Hungary), sustainable leisure centre: for management (micro and small business)
- CMS Window Systems (United Kingdom), a leading producer of energy-efficient windows: for management (medium and large business)
- Hydromx International A.S. (Turkey), a company supplying innovative energy solutions: for product and services
- M2i Life Sciences (France), European leader in pesticide-free protection of crops: for process innovations
- HiPP-Werk Georg Hipp OHG (Germany), a baby food manufacturer: for business & biodiversity
- Fairphone BV (Netherlands), the world’s first ethical smartphone provider: for international cooperation