(01 December 2020) – The first ever Schengen Forum, convened yesterday, allowed for “constructive exchanges towards building a stronger and more resilient Schengen area”, according to the European Commission.
The discussions focused on:
• Improving the mechanism to evaluate the implementation of the Schengen rules.
• Finding a way forward on the revision of the Schengen Borders Code.
• Better managing the EU’s external borders.
• Enhancing police cooperation and information exchange.
• Strengthening the governance of the Schengen area.