AEIDL, the European Association for Innovation in Local Development, is seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated EU Policy and project officer to manage two Horizon Europe projects on innovation, smart villages, and urban-rural linkages. The post will be offered as a full-time employee contract, based in Brussels.
Role and responsibilities:
The successful candidate will manage and coordinate, alongside other members of the projects team, the delivery of the contracts as well as coordinating the staff working on those contracts. The successful candidate will be expected to undertake as key tasks:
- Research and development of EU public policies.
- Formulation of EU policy recommendations.
- Organisation of policy events to develop the project’s policy proposals.
- Project management, including budget monitoring and stakeholder management.
- Contribute where required to other AEIDL activities, such as our European Local Innovation Forum
Qualifications and experience :
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience, of which at least 3 in rural or territorial development
- Good knowledge and understanding of the functioning of EU institutions
- Strong academic background in rural or territorial development (such as for example, but not limited to: EU Cohesion Policy and urban-rural linkages)
- Previous experience in public policy research in a public administration, consultancy, academia, or social partner Experience in digital/smart initiatives and evidence-led solutions for territorial challenges (Digitalisation, Innovation, Smart Villages/Smart Cities) Expertise in quantitative evaluation of public policies Academic publications in this field Familiarity with Horizon 2020 or Horizon Europe rules
- Capacity to develop the strategic planning of events, stakeholder identification and management
- Practical experience of financial project administration (budgeting, cost monitoring, invoicing, reporting)
- Capacity to plan and coordinate projects, ensure high quality of deliverables and timely delivery of tasks
- Experience in digital/smart initiatives and evidence-led solutions for territorial challenges (Digitalisation, Innovation, Smart Villages/Smart Cities)
- Expertise in quantitative evaluation of public policies
- Academic publications in this field
- Familiarity with Horizon 2020 or Horizon Europe rules
- Experience in database management, especially for economic and KPI monitoring
Working at AEIDL
People are the most important asset of AEIDL, and we practice internally what we advocate externally – providing a working environment where we care for our staff in a culture of cooperation and collaboration.
At AEIDL we seek to provide a healthy work-life balance, with a strong emphasis on cooperative teamwork. We have a human-centred approach to work, including flexible working hours, options for home working and regular social gatherings.
We empower our staff to lead, decide and show initiative, embracing our “culture of co”. Our culture of cooperation, co-creation, community-leadership, and caring for the common good is an inherent part of the AEIDL brand.
At AEIDL you will benefit from our staff development programme, in which our team members contribute to designing and planning cooperative approaches to learning, mentoring and individual development. We value the development and sharing of skills, knowledge, and experience.
We welcome ideas for our working and associative activities. Such staff-led initiatives include team building days, outreach activities, the European Local Innovation Forum, and our eco-team, which ensures we practice what we preach.
We offer competitive remuneration packages, indexed on an annual basis, including a 13th month, “double-pécule vacances” (holiday bonus), and contributions to local transportation, alongside meal vouchers.
We offer our staff 20 days of annual leave, 12 days of recoup time off (“repos compensatoire”), 10 Belgian bank holidays as well as Schuman day, equivalent to 43 days annual paid leave in a standard year, in accordance with Belgian law.
Send your CV in English in the Europass format with a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Policy Analyst/Project Manager (Rural and Territorial Development) by 25th September 2023. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted after the closing date.
Who we are:
AEIDL was founded in 1988 by like-minded individuals who believed that European integration can make a positive contribution to citizenship and to the sustainable development of communities.
AEIDL’s thematic expertise ranges from environment, sustainable territorial development; employment, migration and citizenship, to enterprise and integration, social policy, social innovation and public service modernisation.
The Association offers a range of professional services, including information management, web and digital communication; events, capacity building, and network animation; publications, social media and video services, as well as technical assistance, evaluation and consultancy services for a broad range of European contracts.
We are based in the heart of Brussels, hosting a diverse, international team of skilled, motivated and dynamic experts, delivering high-quality services to our clients.
The personal data contained in applications sent in response to job offers are collected and recorded by AEIDL’s HR/KM departments in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations concerning the protection of personal data. These data will be processed by authorised persons only to be able to assess your application for potential recruitment and will be kept for the time necessary to achieve this purpose. You may request access to your personal data and, if necessary, have them corrected. You also have the right to have them deleted, transferred, request a limitation of their processing or to object to it.
These various rights can be exercised by contacting the following address: .