AEIDL, the European Association for Innovation on Local Development, is seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated and experienced RTD Expert to undertake tasks in the fields of rural digitalisation, digital agriculture, digital inclusion, Smart Villages, Smart Cities, Smart Specialisation and Local Innovation. We will consider applications from candidates looking for a full-time posting based in Brussels.
Role and responsibilities:
The RTD Expert will report primarily to the Senior Expert in Rural and Territorial Development and be part of the AEIDL Rural and Territorial Development team within AEIDL’s Policy Unit.
The RTD Expert will manage AEIDL’s contribution to two Horizon Europe projects in these fields, related mostly to two types of work packages:
- Policy analysis and roadmap / recommendations
- Dissemination, Exploitation, Communication and Outreach
These projects involve multiple partners, with whom close coordination is required.
The successful candidate will also:
- contribute to AEIDL’s communication and outreach activities, including presentations at conferences and workshops.
- collaborate with colleagues from other units across AEIDL.
- contribute to the development and implementation of new EU funded projects on the above topics.
Qualifications and experience :
- Excellent (C1/C2) English academic writing skills (candidates may be asked to provide samples of their publications and/or academic works)
- Strong academic background, with a Master’s degree or equivalent in Applied Sciences (particularly ICT)
- Considerable relevant professional experience in this field of public policy (Broadband expansion, Smart Villages, Smart Cities, Smart Agriculture, Smart Specialisation, Digital Inclusion) – in public administration, consultancy, academia, or social partners
- Relevant experience in project management, including project financial management, client satisfaction and teamwork, particularly EU-funded projects (e.g. European Commission, Horizon Europe, etc.)
- Experience in communications and stakeholder engagement
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience
- Willingness and enthusiasm to work on a wide range of issues
- Experience in proposal preparation
- Good working knowledge of other EU languages
- PhD studies (close to completion or completed)
- A very good knowledge and understanding of the functioning of EU institutions and key EU policies
- Previous experience in developing Horizon 2020/Europe and other EU funded proposals
- Personal background or volunteering in urban or rural community development
Send your CV in English in the Europass format with a short cover letter to with the subject line Rural and Territorial Development (RTD) Expert by 15th January 2023. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and that interviews may begin before the closing date. Early applications are encouraged.
Who we are:
AEIDL was founded in 1988 by like-minded individuals who believed that European integration can make a positive contribution to citizenship and to the sustainable development of local communities.
AEIDL’s thematic expertise ranges from environment, sustainable territorial development; employment, migration and citizenship, to enterprise and integration, social policy, social innovation and public service modernisation.
We add value by supporting and facilitating peer learning among local and national actors across Europe, analysing and evaluating relevant EU policies and advocating for enhanced support to community local action to help build a Europe for citizens.
Based in the heart of Brussels, AEIDL hosts a diverse, international team of skilled, motivated and dynamic experts, delivering high-quality services to its clients.
What we offer:
AEIDL is a socially and environmentally engaged employer, offering a dynamic working environment. We offer an open-ended employment contract. Our remuneration package includes pension fund contribution, meal vouchers, eco vouchers and public transport reimbursement. We welcome applications from all backgrounds.
The personal data contained in applications sent in response to job offers are collected and recorded by AEIDL’s HR/KM departments in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations concerning the protection of personal data. These data will be processed by authorised persons only to be able to assess your application for potential recruitment and will be kept for the time necessary to achieve this purpose. You may request access to your personal data and, if necessary, have them corrected. You also have the right to have them deleted, transferred, request a limitation of their processing or to object to it.
These various rights can be exercised by contacting the following address: .