AEIDL, the European Association for Innovation in Local Development, is seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated full time Senior Communication Officer to lead on EU-funded projects, SERIGO and EPIC-Up.
We welcome applications from candidates looking for either a freelance or an employee post.
Role and responsibilities:
The Senior Communication Officer will be responsible for the delivery of the communication work packages. The primary tasks include but are not limited to:
- Designing Communication, Dissemination and Exploitation strategies for Research and Innovation projects
- Managing communication work packages
- Designing network animation and outreach strategies
- Writing news stories and press releases
- Managing and producing newsletters
- Editing and laying out of publications
- Setting up and managing social media platforms
- Liaising with journalists and media outlets
- Plan and manage project events and webinars
Qualifications and experience :
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working in the communication field.
- A degree in communication or a related field
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
- Familiarity with European institutions, in particular EU advocacy, corporate communication, or dissemination
- Gifted at translating complex research into digestible copy
- Expert knowledge of social media platforms, tools, and campaigns
- Expertise in writing and designing newsletters and other news outputs (press releases, policy papers)
- Experience of using Indesign or similar layout software
- Experience of Creative Cloud suite
- Website management experience
- Excellent skills in liaising with project partners and European Commission clients
- Good working knowledge of a second European language.
- Experience of working with European institutions and EU media outlets
- Familiarity with Horizon Europe or H2020 projects
- Experience of project management
- Experience of working on European Commission Service Contracts
- A master’s degree in communication or a related field
- Experience working in advertising or public relations
- Knowledge of EU social policies and initiatives
Send your CV in English in the Europass format with a short cover letter to with the subject line Senior Communication Officer by 28th December 2023. Your cover letter should include a description of how you meet the essential requirements of the post. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and that interviews may begin before the closing date. Early applications are encouraged.
Working at AEIDL
People are the most important asset of AEIDL, and we practice internally what we advocate externally – providing a working environment where we care for our staff in a culture of cooperation and collaboration.
At AEIDL we seek to provide a healthy work-life balance, with a strong emphasis on cooperative teamwork. We have a human-centred approach to work, including flexible working hours, options for home working and regular social gatherings.
We empower our staff to lead, decide and show initiative, embracing our “culture of co”. Our culture of cooperation, co-creation, community-leadership, and caring for the common good is an inherent part of the AEIDL brand.
At AEIDL you will benefit from our staff development programme, in which our team members contribute to designing and planning cooperative approaches to learning, mentoring and individual development. We value the development and sharing of skills, knowledge, and experience.
We welcome ideas for our working and associative activities. Such staff-led initiatives include team building days, outreach activities, the European Local Innovation Forum, and our eco-team, which ensures we practice what we preach.
For employees we offer competitive remuneration packages, indexed on an annual basis, including a 13th month, “double-pécule vacances” (holiday bonus), and contributions to local transportation, alongside meal vouchers.
We offer our employees 20 days of annual leave, 12 days of recoup time off (“repos compensatoire”), 10 Belgian bank holidays as well as Schuman day, equivalent to 43 days annual paid leave in a standard year, in accordance with Belgian law.
Who we are
AEIDL is an association that learns from and fosters community-led innovation in areas such as territorial development, employment, entrepreneurship, social inclusion, environment, climate action and green growth.
We add value by supporting and facilitating peer learning among local and national actors across Europe, analysing and evaluating relevant EU policies and advocating for enhanced support to community local action to help build a Europe for citizens.
The personal data contained in applications sent in response to job offers are collected and recorded by AEIDL’s HR/KM departments in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations concerning the protection of personal data. These data will be processed by authorised persons only to be able to assess your application for potential recruitment and will be kept for the time necessary to achieve this purpose. You may request access to your personal data and, if necessary, have them corrected. You also have the right to have them deleted, transferred, request a limitation of their processing or to object to it.
These various rights can be exercised by contacting the following address: .