(23 August 2013) – The European Commission, in partnership with the European Economic and Social Committee and the City of Strasbourg, launches in Strasbourg on 16th-17th January 2014 a large European interactive event on Social entrepreneurship and the social economy.
Have Your Say! is a 2-day event that will bring together all the stakeholders to discuss the issues we face. This is an opportunity for all those interested in the field to come together, to co-create a coherent pathway and continue building a healthy and vibrant social entrepreneurship sector right across Europe.
The event aims to:
- Take stock of the state of development and achievements of the Social Business Initiative
- Identify the priorities for future action to support the development of conducive ecosystems
- Provide learning opportunities and encourage cooperation between institutional actors, investors, stakeholders and social enterprises across national borders
- Offer guidance to governments and stakeholders at national, regional and local level on developing conducive eco-systems for starting, developing and scaling social enterprises
- Create awareness and develop ownership among institutional actors on the social entrepreneurship agenda