(24 January 2022) – The Commission and the European Committee of the Regions will strengthen their cooperation to support the recovery of EU regions during the current Multiannual Financial Framework (MFF).
Through a joint action plan, the two institutions aim to:
– support local and regional authorities and their administrative units that manage cohesion funds;
– encourage multi-level governance and synergies between cohesion policy, the Recovery and Resilience Facility (RRF) and other investment tools;
– Promote economic and social cohesion as an overall value in the EU;
– strengthening cross-border cooperation in Europe;
– and better communicate the added value of cohesion policy on the ground.