(03 December 2021) – The European Commission has announced the winners of the 2021 edition of the REGIOSTARS Awards that reward the best Cohesion policy projects in the whole EU.
This year’s REGIOSTARS competition received a record 214 applications and 14,156 people voted in the public choice’s category.
• For ‘SMART Europe’ the award went to Integration 3D metal printing from Belgium.
• For ‘GREEN Europe’ the award was given to ICCARUS (Gent knapt op) for providing a unique housing renovation financial scheme for 100 vulnerable homeowners in Ghent, Belgium.
• The award for ‘FAIR Europe’ went to TREE – Training for integrating Refugees in the Euregion, (the Netherlands, Germany, and Belgium).
• Travelling Solidary Cannery (Belgium) received the award ‘URBAN Europe’.
• Under the topic of the year ‘Enhancing green mobility in the regions – European Year of Rail 2021′, the winner is North-West Multimodal Transport Hub from the United Kingdom and Ireland.
• Finally, the ‘Public Choice Award’ goes to BEGIN, a project that unites cities, citizens, and stakeholders through the co-creation of blue and green infrastructure projects in 10 cities in the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, Sweden, Belgium, Norway and Germany.